Public Boat Docks in Seeley's Bay

Tuesday, January 18, 2011

This Years Frost Fest Quilt






Seeley's Bay annual Frost Fest is once again almost upon our Town and most inhabitants involved in the planning and execution of the various events are hard at work completing everything we believe may go to making this years events more successful than the last. To this end each year I have contributed by being on the planning committee, running the Scavenger Hunt and contribution of quilted items either for the silent auction or as prizes.
We enjoy this part of winter so much and people come from hundreds of miles around just to enjoy the festivities.
This year as stated in my previous post I have been making quilted Checkerboard games and I hope to finish my Silent Auction item, the quilt I named as Strawberry Fields. Thanks to Marcia Hahn of The Quilters Cache for the pattern and instructions for the DUTCH NINE PATCH block I chose to use in this quilt. The proceeds from the sale of this quilt will go to a worthwhile charitable cause within our town.

Here is a photo of the blocks I made yesterday, 7 in total and this morning I completed the construction of all of the nine patches for the block centers and now am constructing more blocks to make up the final tally needed to put this baby together. Hoping of course to get the entire top pieced by the weekend so that the quilting may begin and have it finished in time for the silent auction on the 5th of February, please, wish me luck in this endeavor.




Each block measures 9" finished and with 6 blocks across and 7 blocks down plus a nice 5.5" or 7 " border should make a nice sized little quilt.


Above is what the block looks like and this one to the left shows what two blocks together with the fabric selections reversed will look like. Makes a nice cheerful quilt and shows the hope of the summer to come having used the strawberry fabric with the pink and white polka dots.

This being such an easy block to construct by a beginner, which is what I continue to call myself, so, if your a beginner, try this block. Any colour combination you choose should look absolutely wonderful. I am toying with the idea of making a quilt top using scraps left over from previous projects, using a common center block which might also be quite interesting.

IF your an Ontarion, why not make the journey to Seeley's Bay located just east of Kingston on Highway 15 North and join in on the fun we are positive you will have. There are lots of accommodations available and your sure to have a wonderful mid-winter break. If you visit the Frost Fest Site you can get a sneak preview of the Scheduled events, the Saturday evening dance will be so much fun and the Roast Beef Dinner is sure to please your pallet adn the pies are to die for, a wonderful variety and so very tasty.

Thanks for stopping by and following along with me and my projects and have yourself a wonderful day.

I hope to show you the finished top very soon.




0 comments:

Post a Comment

IT IS YOUR TURN so go ahead and tell me what you think!