Public Boat Docks in Seeley's Bay

Thursday, August 4, 2011

A Spa Day, Perhaps?

I have been searching the internet for a day spa in Amsterdam, or close to there and it isn't quite as easy as I thought it might be to find just what it is I perceive a Day Spa to be.  Here on my side of the ocean there are any number of Special Deals or packages which include any number of specialties, but, there when you read the information on a site I was lucky to find, it isn't quite so simple or defined.  Hmmmmmmm
I thought it might be nice to treat myself and my best friend to an overnight stay at a Hotel and Spa in the heart of Amsterdam.  Apparently this Hotel has just recently opened amid a lot of fanfare and there are a number of videos on You Tube showing what the amenities and various treatments are available.  Something so out of my ordinary lifestyle so as to be rather a decadent idea.  Just thinking about a body massage does make me really, really want to have a day out at a spa.
The thoughts of a full Hammam body wash and massage sounds their video makes it look so soothing and relaxing, something my best friend just wouldn't treat herself with and neither have I ever done so. 
When I return from my vacation I think I will investigate the various spas in my area and see if I can't find one to retreat to once in awhile, after all, each and every one is entitled to some form of pampering, don't you think?  Have you ever treated or been treated to a spa day or weekend?  If so, how did it make you feel, RELAXED and PAMPERED right?
I have been working away at cutting strips and little 2" squares 
for my hexagon take along project and taking up slacks for my mother who seems to have shrunk at least 3 inches since I last measured her inside seam.  Yeouch!  
Sew no actual quilting for me today, other than watching You Tube videos on that new Hotel and Spa in Amsterdam which convinced me that I must indulge myself. I will post one day from Amsterdam and let you all  know how simply marvelous I am feeling after my stay there. 
Thank you for dropping by with me today and I trust you had a perfectly good one.  I would like to meet those who do drop by to visit, so do leave a comment every once in awhile.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

IT IS YOUR TURN so go ahead and tell me what you think!