Public Boat Docks in Seeley's Bay

Thursday, January 19, 2012

A Great Day to Sit and Sew

It's been a challenging day today with the winds howling and the deep freeze continuing.  Out internet for some reason kept going on and off and it was a bit of a challenge Skyping today with my best friend.  Our internet provider seems to have been challenged through the weather as well so I sewed all day and didn't get on the net too long at all. 
I worked on a few projects today, I am refilling the Tissue covers and the bookmarks for the Library to sell during Frost Fest.  The ones I made before Christmas just disappeared.  My box is already half full with the covers and some book marks.  Any money generated from the sale of these items will be directed back to the Library. 
Then too, my string blocks have grown and I have been enjoying the process.
I decided to make this six blocks wide and six down.  All I will have to do when I finish the last six blocks is to decide on a border.  Then I am ready to sandwich the table runner and place mats I made last week and have a few more pieces of fabric chosen for a just a few more table runners.  I can't help but get ahead with the weather being so terrible it forces you to stay indoors, and with my internet problems today I actually made a bit more progress than normal, as I wasn't online reading other bloggers, searching for information or catching up on e-mail. 
Are any of you interested in getting free quilting e-books, if so, here are some links to those resources for you. 
Fons and Porters site offers free e-book containing patterns and information which you might enjoy, but it is free and so worth it.  I was especially taken with the Civil War quilts in the free e-book.
THIS site holds a free e-book on "Understanding The Basics Of Quilting" quite interesting.  There is also quite a number of other free e-books on a variety of interests. 
Quilting Daily has a number of free e-books to be shared as well, many of these are well written and very interesting.  I get the Newsletter and there is always something for free!  !
Fave Quilts has so many free things which will be of interest to you, it is a site you want to visit time and again, great tutorials too!
Time to get back to the sewing machine, I believe I can get away with another hour of sewing before I shut it all down for the evening.
Thank you for coming back to visit with me today, I hope your day was a great as mine was. 
The moment when you first wake up in the morning is the most wonderful of the twenty-four hours.  No matter how weary or dreary you may feel, you possess the certainty that, during the day that lies before you, absolutely anything may happen.  And the fact that it practically always doesn't, matters not a jot.  The possibility is always there.  ~Monica Baldwin 



0 comments:

Post a Comment

IT IS YOUR TURN so go ahead and tell me what you think!