Public Boat Docks in Seeley's Bay

Sunday, February 5, 2012

A Little of This and That

Good Sunday Afternoon to you all.  The weather here is cold and overcast, but yesterday it was sunny and bright and just the right temperature for out of door Frost Fest activities. 
The silent auction went well, my runner and place mats went for $50.00 and my little string quilt went for $25.00 
Two of the string blocks which I had first done free motion quilting in and had to unpick and ended up tying....  I really am not pleased with the tied look, I believe it would have been 100% more appealing if the blocks had been quilted.  I don't know what happened to the tiny runner with the astrological print in it, I didn't see it anywhere at all, maybe it went for a Button prize.  We will not know how well Frost Fest profited this year until near the end of next week when the Accountant tabulates all of the expenses minus the amounts we took in from the various venues.
Here is a picture of one of my fellow Lions Club members at the Poker run yesterday, his hair is wonderfully long, but this is for a special purpose!  He will earn BIG BUCKS for charity through Lions International Convention this year
and once it is shorn the hair will go to the wig maker for a wig or possibly two for cancer patients.  Isn't that wonderful?  Boy his hair takes no time at all to grow, mine takes forever it seems. 
Here is a pictures of the crowd yesterday afternoon at one point during the Silent Auction. 
 
This evening there will be a $5.00 a plate roast beef dinner complete with rolls, and for afters desserts made by bakers within the community.  The tickets were sold out long in advance and there will be lots of hungry people coming to eat tonight. 
I will be taking pictures of people waiting to get the okay to get up and grab their plates, etc., so tomorrow I will share these with you. 
Thank you so very much for stopping in this afternoon, I hope your Sunday was great and for those watching the Superbowl I hope your team won!
Don't ever save anything for a special occasion.  Being alive is the special occasion.  ~Author Unknown 

1 comment:

  1. I love it I highly recommend wholesalewigsonline.com if you want a natural look. The color almost looks somewhat reddish to me. I personally purchased a lot of real human hair wigs and human hair extensions, human hair weaves,human hair u tip hair,human hair double tape hair from wholesalewigsonline.com they are very natural looking. i got my hair so fast and it is absolutely the softest, most beautiful hair i have ever seen it is always smooth and delightful, the quality of the hair is wonderful, I got it cut by a professional stylist and she was very complimentary of the unit.

    ReplyDelete

IT IS YOUR TURN so go ahead and tell me what you think!