Public Boat Docks in Seeley's Bay

Friday, June 1, 2012

DO YOU DEVIATE?

Can you believe it, it is Friday once again, I feel like it was just Friday yesterday!  Feels like "Groundhog Day"!
Yesterday was Stitch 'N' Chat day, only 2 ladies showed up for the afternoon session and no one at all for the evening session.  I did however get uninterrupted sewing time last night though.  That helps as I have a total of 84 flying geese blocks to finish up and thought I had enough, obviously I haven't been paying close enough attention to what I envisioned, and I always manage to deviate when it comes to the measurements!  I am a Deviator, and not a good one at that as I sometimes even deviate from the pattern which doesn't make it any easier for me to follow through with my visions as I think it will when first I began the project.  Some years ago I was led to a very good article written for Sewing/Needlework@Suite101 by Corrine Shibley whose article was titled "Are You Thinking About Making A Quilt?".  In that article she speaks to Accuracy!   Seems it is time to go back and refresh myself on accuracy as well as measuring.  One of these fine days I may even learn how to follow the pattern instead of veering off and attempting to do my own thing.  It would mean less frustration on my part to be certain. 


Seeing as copyright is such an important feature to many patterns, I tend to want to change things up more and more, so a general idea is good for me, but I seem to become lazy or possibly you could say sloppy at times.  That is the time I make those horrible mistakes, sew I guess it is time that I got back to the classroom and rethink on how best to get my pieces done without messing them about by not being accurate!
How about you?  Do you adhere strictly to the pattern, or, are you a teensy bit like me and veer to the left instead of strictly staying right?
Today is a day away from sewing and computing for me.  


Let me know how well you adhere to instructions in putting some of your quilt tops together.  Do you deviate or do you stick strictly to the pattern?  It is an interesting subject isn't it?


Thank you so very much for sharing some of your precious time with me today.  I do hope your planning a wonderful weekend for yourselves. 


Be not afraid of going slowly; be afraid only of standing still.  ~Chinese Proverb





























0 comments:

Post a Comment

IT IS YOUR TURN so go ahead and tell me what you think!