Public Boat Docks in Seeley's Bay

Wednesday, June 6, 2012

Oh boy have I been a busy gal since last posting.  Mother was away overnight and I finally got my opportunity to empty out the entire downstairs rooms and redo the floors.  Now that I have finally finished I must admit they look fantastic and while stiff and sore I am a happy camper.  To make them look fantastic I had to vacum, wash, rinse, dry and then apply a new product called Rejuvenate.  I bought it at my local hardware supplier and am crossing my fingers that the floors stay nice during the next six months worth of wash and care!  I am hoping that I haven't made a huge mistake using this product!  Because I did not have the right type of applicator I managed to do the floors on my knees and boy am I paying for that exercise now, I am so stiff and sore that moving is quite a chore.


After all of the actual cleaning I have been doing I made time to work on the next quilt which needs finished before the end of this month.  I have completed the two longest sides of the quilt which are the flying geese blocks and am now finishing off the top and bottom flying geese borders. 
Coming along nicely, don't you think?  
I believe another 2.5" border of black will set this off just great.  What do you think?  
I was worried that I may have taken Kaffee Fassetts' "Plaids Squared" pattern too far and possibly ruined it.  It does look rather busy, possibly the planned additional outer black border edge may just make it all right. 
I am getting excited to see how it will all look once I have the top finished.  Then comes the agony of choosing a back, I always have problems choosing the backing for my quilts, each fabric I pull I agonize over, but in the end well, the choices don't look too terrible at all.  Hopefully this will be ready to sandwich and quilt next week! 
Being booked for several days of senior care this month means no real sewing time while away from the house, but, with the current progress I believe I will have it finished in time. 
I had a horrible nights' sleep and am feeling a tad groggy this morning so if I sound funny you will understand why, lack of a proper nights sleep!  
Thanks for coming by for a visit with me.  I'm off to open all of the windows and let the wonderful air in, the rain is no longer and the sun is shining and the air smells wonderfully fresh.  I wish you all a wonderful day.


Keep smiling - it makes people wonder what you've been up to.  ~Author Unknown




1 comment:

  1. I've been doing some cleaning around my house too-- mostly moving furniture. I'm consolidating my office and sewing room into one-- and am anxious to get it finished! Can SO relate to the achy muscles after pushing that desk and filing cabinet around! :-)

    Love the quilt! It's so pretty and colorful-- very cheerful!

    I have been sleeping better than normal lately, but have been dreaming very vivid and *active* dreams-- and wake up feeling exhausted! LOL Maybe we will both get a good, restful sleep tonight!

    Yesterday and today, we've had terrible thunderstorms in the afternoon-- with the worst lightning that I've seen in a long time. It's actually thundering in the distance again right now... hope it will stay away.. we needed the rain, but we've had enough for a while now, I think.

    I hope your day is wonderful too! :-)

    ReplyDelete

IT IS YOUR TURN so go ahead and tell me what you think!